Friday, August 06, 2010

No More "Cooks Illustrated"

I just cancelled my "Cooks Illustrated" magazine gift subscription and told them to refund the purchaser's money.

I simply have no interest in any magazine whose publisher thinks paid subscribers want not one but two layers of BUY! BUY! BUY! advertising on heavy cover stock attached to the outside of the magazine, so that there's no way to detach all that unwanted extra baggage without destroying the magazine itself (the staples all come out unless you give the ad removal process the time and attention of brain surgery — and I have neither the time nor the skills for that).

I get enough junk ads in the mail already, thank you very much. Anybody willing to permanently attach more of the same to a magazine — times two — has permanently lost my attention and interest.

The operator didn't even ask why I wanted to cancel (and I didn't volunteer it), which I think shows how insignificant are subscriber losses compared to the profits they're making.

Harrumph!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home